My mum Rene (Alice Irene Flitney née Harding) died in 1999. When my brother, sister and I went through her things we found an envelope full of old newspaper clippings and other bits and pieces. We looked through the papers and put the envelope away, but those yellowing pieces of paper keep whispering of half-forgotten times and places. Places like Butlers Cross, Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury, West Wycombe, Little Kimble, Wendover, Ellesborough, Southcourt and Princes Risborough.

Sunday 22 November 2015

A Vintage Holiday Greeting

As many of you already know our son, his wife and their two little daughters are spending Christmas and the New Year with us.  They arrive on the 6th December and return to Australia towards the end of January 2016, which means I will be away from my blog for a few weeks.

But … before I go I'm sending you a message, wishing a wish or two.
To let you know I'm thinking, this Christmas tide of you.


Kind thoughts  


and Yuletide greetings


I'm sending loud and clear.

To wish you a Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year.


I am very grateful to everyone who visits me here, thank you. I hope this coming holiday season brings you all much joy and happiness.
I hope to see you again in 2016.
With love, Barbara xx


2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy your visit with your family, Barbara. And thanks for sharing these great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex. Happy Holidays I look forward to catching up with you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...